If you’re new to Facebook, we have some tips that are going to make your social media transition far easier. Below we provide you with essential steps to help you grow your mortgage business facebook page:
- Create a Facebook Business Page. Rather than using your personal Facebook account, create a business Facebook page for your interactions with potential clients. This is the page you’ll use to market your business. Not sure how to do this? Check out Facebook’s helpful tutorial on this topic and you’ll be well on your way.
- Obtain Followers. While at first glance, this may seem difficult, it’s actually rather easy. Send a friendly email or message to all of your past clients, asking them to Like your page. Similarly, you can contact your current connections on your personal Facebook page and ask them to do the same thing with your mortgage business Facebook page.
- Create Interesting Posts. The most successful posts on Facebook have the following in common—they tend to be shorter, include a photo, and ask a question. When you’re looking for topics to write about, consider testimonials from past clients, deals (i.e. a great deal that you were able to obtain for a person with a lower credit score), or stories that speak to the transformation that a client experienced after retaining your services. For example, you might write about a couple that was thrilled to be able to put their son through college without taking out student loans after they refinanced their home.
- Promote Your Facebook Business Page. Always think about the various ways that you can promote your page. This would include activities like: including a link to Like your Facebook page on your website, adding a link to your Facebook page in your email signature, and promoting your Facebook page in any marketing materials you create. Remember that this is a process so don’t expect to see results overnight. However, if you continue to devote regular time to your Facebook efforts, you’ll start to see your Likes and followers grow.
- Create Facebook Ads. Facebook ads allow you to very specifically target the people who are most likely to be interested in your services—you can create ads that Facebook will display to people who are likely to move, people who recently bought a home, etc. To get started with your ad, simply go to Facebook, determine your marketing objective, and Facebook will walk you through the remaining steps.